Gallery Shelf at BDNY 2022
We're offering an inside look at our behind-the-scenes talent at BDNY this year. Browse a collection of original artworks and designs in person at the show and online here to see the stories behind the pieces on display.
2. Custom | A custom design for a client requesting hand drawn buildings of Pioneer Square in Seattle, WA.
3. Atmos | An original watercolor painting for Vista 3 from the Atmos wallcovering collection done by in-house talent.
4. Atmos | Material exploration for the Atmos wallcovering collection.
5. Doodle | A sticky note doodle inspired by a very stylish client.
6. Phantasm | An original cyanotype for Photogram 12 from the Phantasm wallcovering collection, featuring calligraphy-inspired brushstrokes.
7. Doodle | A drawing of Rusty, our fun and friendly office bulldog.
8. Astratta Miami | An original risograph print of Elissa Passino’s artwork for the Astratta Miami wallcovering collection, inspired by art deco architecture found in Miami's historic district.
9. Doodle | A designer’s doodle of the cutest dang cowgirl our Los Angeles studio ever did see.
10. Custom | Hand-sketched by an in-house designer, custom ice cream cones adorn the guest bathroom walls of the Graduate Hotel State College, PA.
11. Phantasm | An original cyanotype for Photogram 16 from the Phantasm wallcovering collection using found flora.
12. Natsukashii | A piece of hand-dyed fabric for the Natsukashii wallcovering collection, a series of repeating patterns inspired by ancient Japanese shibori or resist-dyeing techniques.
13. Atmos | An original painting for Vista 6 from the Atmos wallcovering collection evokes imagery from the sunlit Mojave Desert.
14. Doodle | An informal self portrait on a sticky note by one of our designers.
15. Ukiyo | An original suminagashi study for the Ukiyo wallcovering collection takes inspiration from Japanese floating ink techniques.
16. Custom | A painting inspired by the Nevada desert for a Las Vegas hotel.
17. Geographia | A hand-painted color study for Traverse from the Geographia wallcovering collection, inspired by the color palette of the American West.
18. Geographia | A hand-painted and woven artwork for Traverse from the Geographia wallcovering collection showcases a blend of landscape details.
19. Custom | Relief artwork using acrylic modeling paste and tools of the designer’s own invention for an upscale hotel (still in the works).
20. Utopia | Original, hand-painted artwork for Bali Hai from the Utopia wallcovering collection depicting the fictional isle of the 1958 film South Pacific.